7 KEY FACTS
7 KEY FACTS
1. ChromeOS is growing in popularity in the Enterprise sector
An increasing number of enterprises and public sector organisations are harnessing the power of ChromeOS to help their employees work more productively.
2. Google ChromeOS devices are enterprise-grade
Google ChromeOS devices come in many different form factors from a range of leading brands, including entry-level Chromebooks for browsing and simple tasks to high-spec executive grade devices that can support complex activities with exceptional performance.
3. ChromeOS means devices are secure without the need for antivirus
Fully encrypted data is held in the cloud, not on the device itself. Installed apps and extensions can’t modify the OS, plus sandboxing isolates any attack to a limited surface. Verified boot ensures that if one operation system is compromised, the alternative operation system is used instead. For any extensions and additional apps, a review process is required.
4. ChromeOS devices work with platforms other than just Google Workspace and browser-based applications
They work seamlessly with Microsoft 365, Zoom and other collaboration platforms and are compatible with thousands of cloud-based and line of business applications, so users aren’t restricted to working via the browser.
5. ChromeOS devices don’t have to be connected to the internet all the time
Devices constantly cache data so if the Wi-Fi suddenly cuts out, productivity is not affected. Users can also select specific systems and documents to work on offline.
6. ChromeOS devices integrate fully with the rest of the IT estate
Devices integrate seamlessly into an organisation’s chosen identity management platform, enabling simple, centralised management, control and user collaboration.
7. ChromeOS offers a unique approach to keeping the operating system updated
Unlike other devices, every Google ChromeOS device runs two versions of the operation system, so one can be used while the other gets updated. This means updates can happen in the background while users work and are applied in seconds on reboot.